Monday, February 2

polishing up the casa

Well... mom did not give daddy even an hour's worth of rest after the last part of his test on Thursday. She put him right to work - buying paint, patching holes, & locking me out of the cabinets (aaaah man - I loved digging in mom's cabinets). And she kept him working all weekend long. Tough luck, dad.... I guess you can rest this week. Maybe. ☺

Because we're heading back to Texas in a few months when daddy finishes school... we'll be selling our house here in Nashville. I've been told the place needs to look spotless, so someone will want to buy her - thus... we were busy, busy painting this weekend. I am not sure why the big folks decided to paint over the bright colors in our house - I was quite fond of them - but, I suppose if we have to sell this booger - we better "polish it up" a little. As you can see from the pictures, I worked hard for my livin' this weekend. I held the drill for daddy as he put locks on the cabinets (aka: screamed & laughed at his drill), I helped tape the trim for painting (aka: pulled all of the tape off of the walls & loved it), helped with the step-stool (aka: climbed to the top & scared the jeepers out of everyone), and just generally helped to keep things organized (aka: threw all of my toys & all of the paint supplies all over the floor).

Although they had originally planned on having someone else paint our living room (due to the 15 foot ceilings)... those wackos decided to rent scaffolding & paint it themselves (cheap-skates!). So... take a look at the photos of daddy & mommy at the tip-top of our house on the scaffolding. Thank heavens they made it down safely. Overall - the house looks pretty darn good - who knew my parents & grandparents were such painters!?!? Thanks for coming to visit me & for all of the help, Gingi & Popi.... you saved us A LOT of time & moolah!.... we COULD NOT have done it all without you!! xxooxxoo

No comments: