Tuesday, April 7

twenty pounder

Flip that baby around & give me a window seat!... I went to the doctor yesterday for my 15 month check-up, and I weighed enough to turn my car seat forward... 20 pounds 1 ounce.... whoopie!

That's about the only good thing that happened at that stinking appointment, though... once again, that wacky doctor tried to stick all kinds of things in my ears & mouth... poked me all over... and then he had the darn nurse give me 2 shots. Holy cow - when will that crazy sticking business end?

I guess he was kind enough to give me a good report card; he said I am right on track with all of the 15 month milestones (including the stranger/doctor anxiety). My weight is in the 8th percentile.... my height (31 inches) is in the 58th percentile. I'm healthy as a horse.

So - just to give it a whirl, we went for a spin last night. I was not sure what to think of my forward-facing car seat at first (see the puzzled-look photos below)... but by the end of the ride, I was happy to see my mom turn around & look at me... so I shot her a big grin.

Love you guys... hope all is well with you! Word out.

2 comments:

Jordan said...

Yea! Big girl!! I can't wait to turn Carter around. I have the mirror to see him, but I feel like it'll be easier when he can face forward. I love the fuzzy boots!

Sarah said...

Congrats Grier! I bet you are excited about facing forward now. And by the way, where did you get your awesome polka dot jacket? It's super cute and so spring! Love ya, Aunt Sarah