Friday, March 6

i admit it... i'm a PARKaholic & DIPaholic

That's right... these days, my 2 favoritest things are to go to the park & to dip my food.

Today was an absolutely GORGEOUS day, so my mom & Aunt E decided to load me up & take me to the park. You guys are probably getting really tired of the park pictures, but it was a sunny day & the lighting was good for some pretty pictures, so you better believe that mom took several (hundred) of them. oi! oi! And... later, after he got out of school, daddy showed up to surprise me, too!

The park we visited today had a small slide that was just my size, and mom & dad let me go down all by myself for the very 1st time (with spotters on hand - of course!). Aunt Erica took the 1st video below of my first slide... it might be a little grainy, because we only had our regular camera, but she did a great job of keeping it steady (unlike my non-videographer mom). You'll notice I'm not scared at all... in fact on the second slide, I think I almost gave mommy a heart attack, because I pushed myself down before daddy could grab me. Weeeeee... I'm ready for Six Flags, baby!

Mom also brought along my new BIG RED BALL. I toted it around the whole playground... even onto the swing. You can see me swinging with my ball in the 2nd video... watch out, though - it could make your tummy a little sickly :o).

After our park visit, we went home & daddy warmed up his daily edamame snack. As always, he shared some with me & let me dip my little pods into the soy sauce. Oh, how I love to dip my food these days. I'm not picky... I'll take any kind of dip you'll offer... I've tried salsa, ranch dressing, soy sauce... anything I can convince them to let me try - it's all fabulous! After I dip as much as I can, or after I run out of things to be dipped... I use my fingers to polish off the dip. My mom's afraid she's created a monster, because I have already figured out what the ranch dressing jar looks like & will grunt & point until she pours me some. he he he.

May I just say.... once you've had your chicken dipped in ranch... you'll never go back!!!



4 comments:

Bethany Lewright said...

Grier!! I am so extremely excited to see you in a couple of days!! I miss you so much!
xoxo, Aunt Bebay

Chelsea said...

Good times at the park! You slide like a pro! Dipping foods is the best! Once you get all your teeth the possibilities are endless! :)

Jordan said...

Looks like fun! Grier your mom is an expert blogger and even with instructions ding dong me can't figure it out. Tell your momma to check us out and see how they all lined up. It looked right in the preview, but once "published" it's all up and down. (Maybe my background layout is narrow?) Anyway, tootles and see you in a few weeks.

Sarah said...

Wow Grier, you are such a big girl! Going down the slide by yourself....it looks like so much fun! Only one more week and you get to see all kinds of crazy people back in Texas who love you bunches!!