Monday, June 1

pass, pass, pass, pass....

Daddy read that wonderful word, "PASS," 4 times today..... one for each section of his SRTA dental board exams.... woooo hoooooo!

When he called to break the good news to mommy, she screamed like she was bungee jumping from the Empire State Building... and then proceeded to cry like a newly crowned Miss America for a good hour or so (what a dork, eh?). I was napping during her hiatus & it is a good thing that she had my sound machine cranked up loudly enough, because I continued my nap as if nothing had happened. Kellye & Mia immediately brought over flowers & a congratulatory balloon... what fabulous friends, we have, huh?

Mommy ordered me a new shirt for the occasion... it says, "When I grow up, I wanna be a dentist, just like my daddy!".... and of course - it was the PERFECT outfit for today! We laid low tonight... mommy made one of daddy's favorite dinners, daddy popped the cork on a bottle 'o' bubbly, I got to have a glass of non-diluted apple juice, & even the doggies got a treat or two!

Honestly - this endeavor was such a group effort! We cannot thank all of our friends & family enough for all of the love, support, prayers, & help throughout this whole dental school craziness. This was one of the last steps.... after a few finger-prints & background checks, Daddy will now be a true certified dentist!!! Hope your teeth are prepared for this rock star tooth magician!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

Awesome. congrats to your Daddy and Mommy for being there for him through it all. Go dentist daughters! Love the T-shirt, I needed one of those when I was little!

Natalie said...

Grier....tell your daddy CONGRATULATIONS from his friends down in McAllen, TX! We are so happy for him! P.S. I LOVE your t-shirt...too cute :)

KK said...

If you work hard like your daddy, you can be ANYTHING you want baby girl. I think you would make a great dentist like Dr. Daddy if that is what you want!!! The sky is the limit! Love, love, love you, Granna XOXOXO