Sunday, May 17

the zoo! the zoo!

Oh, boy was this weekend was packed with excitement! Not only did my daddy graduate from dental school (more to come in a later post), but also - - - I got to go to the ZOO for the first time. Holy cowzas... I don't even know where to begin....

The forecast showed thunderstorms for most of the weekend (the norm for Nashville these days... I am not so sure that we live in Tennessee at this point... it feels more like London!!!) ...but the Lewrights & Johnsons are no weinies, so we decided to brave the weather & try to catch a glimpse of some cool animals.

...and boy did we ever see some neato animals! You can see a few of them in the photos below.

After about an hour... we started to hear some rumbles & saw a few clouds roll in over-head, but as I mentioned before - we're no weinies! No weines that is.... until the drops started falling from the sky... at that point, I wish I'd had a video camera to prove how fast those "non-weinies" can run. We high-tailed it to the nearest building (filled with lots of reptiles & birds) to wait out the rain. I didn't mind the rain one bit, but as you may be able to tell from the photos... mommy's hair DID! hahaha... enjoy the pix!



No comments: