Monday, May 18

dr. daddy (take 2)

I said it before & I'll say it again... I could not possibly be more proud of my daddy! In total, he's been in school for a whopping 20+ years, and this weekend - he finally walked across the stage at the Grande 'Ole Opry to commemorate that, because of all of his hard work, he is now.................. (drum roll please)................



Dr. Brent Lewright, D.D.S.

The joyous day started out a little shaky (to say the least). Of all weeks to catch a stomach bug, Daddy did just that. For most of the week last week, he was not feeling so hot & could not eat much of anything. Coupled with being a wee bit nervous about the big event..... Saturday was ROUGH.

In addition to daddy being "under the weather"..... the actual WEATHER was ugly, too! The thunderstorms were out in full force all day long. We got rained on walking into the ceremony... we got sprinkled on while taking photos after the ceremony.... and we got down-right POURED ON on our way to the car. You might be able to tell from the photos that it was a little less than a good hair day for most :o)

But... with all of the craziness aside, the ceremony was fantastic. Mommy & Popi had to sit in a different section from everyone else, so that that could "hood" daddy on stage.... so this left the rest of the family on "munchkin-duty". I am happy to say that after the service - mom was given an A+ report by Granna, Gingi, DooDah, and the rest of the clan.... who agreed that I was a little angel for the entire 3.5 hours!!! Applause please.
** see a video of daddy walking across the stage below (complements of Uncle Joel - our videographer)

After graduation, daddy & I headed to the hizouse to take a nap, as we were POOPED! Later in the evening, we had a wonderful dinner on the patio at a restraunt (covered & enclosed - thank goodness) to celebrate with our family & friends. My buddy, Mia, came.... so we had a blast screaming, sharing food, brushing the giant teeth, & playing with the balalalallloons (my version of the word).

Thanks so much to our family, who came all the way from Texas to share in this outstanding accomplishment with Daddy. It meant the world to us to have you all here for such an important day in his life! We love you all & miss you already!

PS... to those of you who have continually prayed for daddy & our family - we cannot thank you enough... your prayers & best wishes are much of the reason he has that "Dr." before his name!
BUT.... PLEASE DON'T STOP YET!!!....
Daddy still has to study & take his regional written & practical boards over the next couple of weeks, so that Popi will let him pull some teeth when we get back to San Angelo - - - so keep those prayers coming. Pretty please!


6 comments:

Chelsea said...

Congrats to your daddy!! What an acomplishment! (hope I spelled that right) I know you're all so proud of him!! :)

Bethany said...

Thank you so much for being the videographer, Uncle Joel!!! I am so grateful I was able to see it...it brought tears to my eyes because of all the dedication Brent has put into his dream!! I'm sooo proud of my brother!

Sarah said...

Love the video from Joel! Brought some tears to my eyes too! Very very proud of you Brent!

Elaine said...

Awesome, maybe we'll see yall in Angelo more often when we are there visiting. Glad to find you in the blogworld!

Erica M. said...

Thanks again for including us in the celebration! Brent...we are so happy for you. Even though it breaks my heart that you all have to move back to Texas, I know you have finally achieved your dream.

You all are the VERY best and I love you all so very much.

I wish I had a cavity for you :-)

-Erica(Aunt E)

Jordan said...

I had tears too!! I think that is so neat that you and Jack got to give him his hood or whatever it's called! Great work Brent!