Sunday, April 26

can your daddy run thirteen miles?

My super-dooper-trooper daddy ran in the Country Music 1/2 Marathon on Saturday & boy am I ever proud of him. He's been training for several months now, but about 3 weeks ago, he strained his left foot, and per the doc's orders... he had to stay off of it (for the most part), until the big race. So... his awesome time of 2 hours 06 minutes (an average of a 9.5 minute mile) was pretty darn good... don't you think!?! He, of course, was not 100% happy with his time, but good grief... it was his first race & he had a bum foot... give yourself a break, daddy.

Our friends, Robin & Tom, also came in from Dallas to run. We had such a great time with them while they were here. We all got to eat lots of carbs (yummm! pasta! my fave!) As with most guys, it took a while for me to trust him, but I came to love Mr. Tom by the end of their stay... he was a pretty nice fella.... not sure what I was worried about in the beginning :o) Robin & Tom also had awesome finishes, too... gosh, I was in studly company this weekend!

On Saturday, the streets were absolutely swamped with runners.... a total of 31,000 to be exact... and I must say I had no trouble picking daddy out from the crowd!... in fact - I'd point to him every few seconds or so & say... "Da, Da!" Mommy kept assuring me that it was not him, but I'd swear I saw his blue shirt a million times :o)

A few of us "non-runners" found a couple of spots along the route to cheer on the team. We saw them around mile 3 & again around mile 8. We also saw Jessica, Jennifer, & Chris trucking it along the trail, too. Whew... it was tiring just watching everyone run. Perhaps I'll join in the fun next year... just as long as someone pushes me in the stroller!

**click once on the slideshow below & then you can hold the cursor over the pics to pause & see captions**

1 comment:

Aunt Bebay said...

I'm sooo proud of your daddy, Grier!! Tell him good job for me!