Thursday, January 6

i am THREE... party #1

Every girl needs to celebrate on her actual birthday, right!?!? Well... my mommy certainly thinks one does, so we started off Tuesday morning with a special pancake breakfast and several rounds of the happy birthday song (most of which were sung by yours truly to yours truly). At lunchtime, Gingi picked me up for a special birthday treat.... we went to get our fingernails & toenails painted (purple with sparkles for this girl, who has purple on the brain.... not necessarily my mommy's #1 choice, but even she admitted that they are pretty stinkin' cute!). I had a grand time being pampered at the nail salon & think we should make it a weekly visit ;o).

After lunch, I was not feeling quite myself. I was just yuck & sicky, so I took a little nap.... feeling a wee bit better afterwards, we decided to go ahead with the cake & candles with the fam.... fever, cough, and all. Popi's birthday was on January 2nd, so we celebrated our birthdays together!!! I had been specifically requesting chicken nuggets with carrots & "those green things" (aka: cucumbers)...... so...... as all good mommies should (wink, wink)... mine listened. We had a veggie
tray & Chick-Fil-A nuggets. Mommy made me a cake (a second cake, after the first spoiled over night... long story...) and got Popi ice cream with fresh strawberries (his very favorite).

We sang every version of the happy birthday song that I know & it was time to extinguish my flames!! Mom thought it would be fun to put sparkly candles on my cake.... I loved them, but gee wizzo.... those stinkers were tough to blow out. After twenty-seven blows, Uncle Brandon helped me out with his fingers... whew! We all ate some cake and even Ardynn devoured the little bit we offered her. I opened a few presents and hit the sack. Many, many thanks to my sweet grandparents & uncle Brandon for all of the sweet gifts. I was badly in need of something new, you know (ha!).

above.... pancake birthday breakfast
below.... family party pics

3 comments:

Laura said...

I cannot believe Grier is three! Seems like just yesterday we were coming to visit and see that sweet nursery in preparation for her!!! Britt, I am DYING to see more house pics! So, since I know you have nothing else to do, please do a lengthy post on your house update. I'd love to see what you did with the place!
love ya, Laura

Anonymous said...

looks like fun, I wish we could have been there.

Uncle Bryan & Caroline

Ms. Sylaneous said...

too stinkin cute! the lil homie Grier is growing up so fast! Ardynn is too! Beautiful kids classmate and Brittany! :-)

Happy New Year by the way you wild and crazy kids!