Sunday, November 29

a mini-twee designed by me

What a not-so-restful Thanksgiving holiday we had... we were busy, busy, busy, but it was so fantabulous to see so much of our family & to eat soooo much yummy poultry!

I have noticed over the past few days that peeps are throwing around the "SANTA" word a lot again. His name always seems to make an appearance around the time we eat the bird. I remember my visit to see him last year... I must admit, it makes me a little bit nervous to think about seeing that big dude with a beard, but I will also admit.... that all of this talk about toys does intrigue me. I've let mom & dad know that I would like for "Satee" (aka: Santa) to bring me a ball and a baby. I have learned that Satee's favorite phrase is "Ho, Ho, Ho" and will promptly let you know if you ask!

In addition to the "Satee" talk, I have developed a HUGE interest in all of the beautifully lit "twees" (aka: trees) that are lining the streets. My excitement peaked today when mom we were able to dig our mini-twee out of the storage unit (still filled with a good 80% of our lives). Mom got the "twee" for me after last Christmas with the intention that it would be our family's "kiddo tree" and that my future siblings & I will be able to decorate it however I like. We made a visit to the store, where I got to pick out ornaments for my mini-twee. After a little contemplating, I decided that I wanted only "peent" (aka: pink) and "bue" (aka: blue) ornaments for my mini-twee. I picked a few of my favorites & mom got crafty stuff to make snowflake garland.

After a chilly afternoon of raking and bagging leaves out of our tree-filled yards (a whopping 27 bags full to be exact), we returned home & began beautifying my "twee". First we strung foam snowflakes onto yarn to make a stunning garland. I looooove to string beads, so mom was correct to think that I'd like to make garland. I strung enough snowflakes to go around my "mini-twee" a few times and then we proceeded to hang all of the ornaments that I picked. My style is to hang as many balls on one limb as possible, so I did notice that mom was following after me to spread them out a bit... she's nuts. To finish off the decor, we topped my mini-twee with a "bue" sparkly star. She's a beauty! Mom took lots of photos, so have a look & let me know when you'd like for me to design your "twee". :o)


a few photos that we took this weekend in my new fun coat :o) ...

4 comments:

Erica M. said...

Grier,

Your tree is BEAUTIFUL! Uncle B and I put our tree up last night too...wish you were here to help us decorate. You look so beautiful in all these pics and are growing up so fast. I love you and tell your mommy and daddy that I love them too!!

Love,
Aunt E

KK said...

What a beauty! The pictures don't do justice, to your twee or you!! I love you, baby girl!!! KK

Jordan said...

Merry Christmas season!!! How's the house coming? Maybe we can catch y'all for a play date around Christmas!?

Sarah said...

Grier, First of all, you are looking as cute as a button! And your momma is so creative and such a smarty by letting you have a mini tree to decorate how you like. What a fun fun idea. Great family pic of you guys also! Love you all bunches and looking forward to seeing you in SA around Christmas time!