Monday, August 17

so... there's something growing in there?

I'm a bit puzzled by the newest rumor around my house. I am being told that mommy is growing something in her tummy. Honestly, at this point... the only things that I really know about MY tummy is that it holds my food, it is super ticklish, and it is where I can find my belly button... so I realize that I may not be an expert on all things "tummy", but I do find it a bit weird that daddy touches mommy's tummy & says "baby" at the same time... hmmm!? I have been warned that soon my life will change forever.

From what I have gathered, I think that there will be a new baby coming to live with us... sometime around March 8, 2010. Mom went to the doctor about a week ago & she's 11 weeks pregnant as of today. Gosh.. I hope this new munchkin is as much fun as my baby dolls! :o)

Mom & dad broke the news to the grandparents back on July 3rd, but did not want me to make a big stink about it on my blog until now. That night, the whole family was over to help with house stuff & to help decorate my 4th of July float... so the timing was perfect. Mom threw together a t-shirt for me to wear that said "big sis" and when the grandparents were least expecting it... I made an outfit change. They were all so excited & pretty shocked... see the photos below. I guess this is a good thing - - everyone that we tell seems to think so!?!?

If you've seen the remodel slide show (to the left)... you know that a wall was removed between 2 large closets upstairs. That's going to be my new brother or sisters nursery (not an office, like was said.... sneaky, eh?). Like I said... I am not sure what all of this craziness means yet, but I have a feeling it'll be fun & nutty all at the same time!

Oh no.... does this mean I have to share my blog????

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! We are so excited for you guys!!!

Love you bunches,
Sarah and Jon

Jordan said...

YEAH!!!!! You are a good secret keeper!! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to find out if it's a brother or sister! (You are finding out right? please!!) Hurray!

Erica M. said...

I am SOOOOOO excited!! I think I may have to move to San Angelo because I can't stand not being there every day like I was for your growth Grier!

Can't wait to find out what is growing in there...a boy or a girl.

Love you guys and miss you so much!

Love,
Aunt E

lisaburgess27 said...

Congratulations!!!!

Beth said...

Congratulations!! Grier will be an amazing big sister!

Elaine said...

Awe...that is awesome! Congrats, I'm sure you will be a breat big sister!!!

The Rawlings said...

YAY!!! Congrats to all of you! Wow!! Grier's going to be a big sis!! So much fun!! Hope you all are doing well.

~Heather

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Coach B!! That's super exciting! Grier will be a wonderful big sista :)


xoxoxo,
Kelsey

Mia Makenzie said...

WOOHOO! Grier, I can't wait to find out if you will be having a lil bro or lil sis!
We love you!

Makensie Parker said...

Ok Coach B....Here's the deal-- My Mom and I KNEW you were pregnant at the pitcher washin' tourny!!! We could just tell :0) We talked about it and talked about it but just figured you were going to wait to say something!
:0) We are so excited for you guys!!! I know you have the best babysitters in the world (those awesome grandparents!) but if they ever need a break..I am always here! Yay for a new brother/sister! Love you guys so much!

(PS- Mom thinks it's going to be another girl!)

-Makensie

Natalie said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I am sooooo excited for you guys! You sure are sneaky. I had absolutely NO idea. Although, now that I think about it...I did think it was a little odd that you were not drinking at Jon and Casi's shower! Now I know why :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!