Wednesday, August 19

my one & only.... YaYa

Most of you are aware, or have deducted from my photos, that my little stuffed mermaid (known to the world as - SOCKY) is the love of my life. She was given to me before I was born by Mr. Troy Wilson at one of mommy's baby showers. At about 5 months, my mom & dad finally let her start sleeping in my crib with me..... and that was the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

Socky has been with me through think & thin... she's been left at multiple stores (causing panic to many), she's gone swimming in the pond at Wasabi (a hibachi restaurant in Nashville), she's sat on Santa's lap, she's flown across the country several times, she's been with me each time at Mothers' Day Out, and she's even attended gymnastics classes. Socky goes just about everywhere I go.

"Socky" is one of the first words that I understood as a wee little bit.... when mom or dad would ask "where's Socky?"... I always knew just where to look or point. From the time I learned to crawl, Socky was the lure that people used to get me where they wanted me to go. You'll notice that I like to hold Socky's hand & suck my thumb... now that's the life!

When I was about 7 months old, mom & dad took me to a place that must've been a taste of heaven... the blabla store in Atlanta (FYI - blabla is the company who makes dolls like my sweet friend, Socky). We happened to be in Atlanta for a visit & when we found out that there was a store dedicated to blablas, we had to check it out! There were so many friends in all different shapes & sizes... I didn't know how to act... I kicked at squealed & wanted to hold all of them. Needless to say - we left with a couple of "back-up" Sockys & even a fun frog blabla, too. I now have a heard of mermaids... they all take their place on my bed each night.

As I've been learning to say more & more new words... the word "Socky" just did not seem fitting for my friend. Instead, I have decided to call her "YaYa". Don't even try to get me to say "Socky"... because I'll promptly correct your mistake, and let you know that her name is "YaYa". I am not sure where it came from, and frankly - I don't much care. All I know is that YaYa & I are both happy with her new name... so everyone better get used to it! There is no doubt - YaYa is going to be a part of our family for a LONG time to come!


*PS... for the first time, one of my YaYas is missing (yes... I have a few backups)...
so if you see a dirty old stuffed mermaid floating around in San Angelo, there just might be a BIG REWARD in it for you - - - if she's returned unharmed*

Below are some photos of me 'n' YaYa... enjoy!

3 comments:

Makensie Parker said...

Hey Grier! You are growing up so fast, precious girl! I am so glad you have your YaYa. I sort of had a YaYa when I was little...but it was a blankie named Rainbow instead of a mermaid. Rainbow went with me everywhere too! Keep YaYa close to you your whole life little one...she will bring you the love and comforts of home even when your far from it. Tell Mommy and Daddy I said hi! Love you!


-Makensie

Sarah said...

Grier this is one of my favorite posts ever! I understand the importance of a "ya-ya"! I had one when I was little...it was a yellow blanket and I called it "Ello B.T." (I guess for yellow blanket) And I will admit that I still have a corner of it in my hope chest! I also had to hold my Ello B.T. and suck my thumb at the same time...those two things always has to occur together!

You are such a cutie pie! Love you bunches, Sarah

Mia Makenzie said...

Grier,
I just love her new name and it is so fitting! Give her a good kiss for me...
Love your buddy Mia!