Sunday, July 19

all in 1 week???

So... I am not certain what got into my parents this week, but they decided to toss me into a few new activities here in San Angelo... all in the same week :o)

I've been missing my playtime with my buddy, Mia, since we left Nashville, so mom & dad thought it might be a good idea for me to get to spend time with some other kiddos at Mom's Day Out (at the same time... giving me a small break from my mad momma - - well, ok - I guess it might be more of a break for her.... I suppose I might be a tad bit clingy & in need of a little socialization - ha!) This was my first week & the teachers all gave me a great report. I had a blast playing with some new friends, and was even hesitant to leave the playground when mom came to pick me up Tuesday afternoon. I'd say that every girl needs a little playtime now and again.

As if the newness of Mom's Day Out was not enough for one week, I started gymnastics class at CVG (Coach Todd's gym... where mommy coached in high school & college) this weekend. Saturday was my first day, and although I was the youngest in the class... I'd say that I didn't do too bad. The class started out a little rough (aka: I whined & cried while latched on to mom's leg/arm/neck), but by the end... my hesitancy wained a bit & I was happy to let the coaches help me do some things (the girl coaches at least... I'm still keeping my distance & am a wee bit hesitant about letting any guys get to close at this point). I think that this gymnastics stuff might just grow on me... after all, I look darn cute in that leo, eh?

Oh.... and we were finally home over a weekend, and got to go to church today. The nursery was a little new to me, so as most who know me would expect... I burst out in tears as the sweet girls pried me from my daddy's arms. But, don't worry too much... by the end of church, I was blowing kisses to everyone & romping around with the other kids. I just like to push the guilt on the parents as they leave me with strangers... poor guys :o) Sorry... no pix from church, but there are some from my other "firsts" this week... enjoy!
before first day of Mom's Day Out (above)
first Mom & Me class @ CVG (below)

3 comments:

Jordan said...

So fun! We're starting "Little Gym" in August and I can't wait!

KK said...

You're a natural in the gym!! Yay, Grier!! Love you precious, Granna XXOO

Mia Makenzie said...

So proud of you sista, for being such a big girl in your classes! I miss ya!
XOXO,
Mia