Thursday, June 11

slides, static, & sitters

This week, we've been using the last bits of our time here in Nashvegas wisely... playing with friends & enjoying the beautiful scenery (both of which we'll miss so much!)

On Monday, we had a play date with Mia... her mommy made some tasty toasted chicken 'n' pepper jack cheese sandwiches & as usual - Mia and I were more than content to play with each other... giving our mommies a little break in the entertaining department.

We met Aunt Erica for lunch on Tuesday at a gorgeous park near Vanderbilt. The absolutely beautiful trees provided some great shade... and the playground was perfect for a little tot like me (small slides & easy access stairs). We got some photos of the park date & even a video or two of me on the slides. This is the first time that I really began to understand why every kid loves sliding so much... I went back for more action about 6 times. I was the only one on the playground, so needless to say - the lines were just right :o) You'll see that my locks (which I hope you've noticed have started to thicken a wee bit more) were standing on end after each jaunt down the tunnel slide... something called static ... I think that is what mom & "Aunt" E called it!?!?!

Last night, "Aunt" Erica & "Uncle" Brennan came over to play with me, so that the parentals could go out on a date. I have not yet figured out why they wouldn't just take me with them (after all, I am the one who draws "good attention" to our table)... but I'm certainly glad they left me at home this time, because I had a blast playing with E & B. Many thanks go out to my pseudo aunt & uncle.... mommy & daddy needed a date to finally celebrate the past few weeks!

So - it's been a fantastic week so far.... Daddy is wrapping up his last few patients at school, and we could be hitting the road to Texas in less than a week... woo hoo!!!



2 comments:

Erica M. said...

Oh Grier...i had so much fun playing with you this week. You are such a joy. I am going to miss you and your mommy and daddy SOOOOOOOOOOOO much!

Love you baby girl
Aunt E

Anonymous said...

Hi Grier, its Pearce and Noah we miss you. We had soooo much fun at 4th of July.

Love,

Pearce and Noah