Sunday, January 4

ONE whole year to celebrate

Wow - time flies when you're having fun! I'll admit that's a little cliche, but boy with my 1 whole year of experience - I'll say it's true! I turned a year old today & we've had a whole weekend of celebrations! Lots of my family came into town for the big bash yesterday. My Gingi & Popi drove back to Tennessee with us from Texas, so they were here with us several days. My Granna & DooDah flew into town on New Year's Day, as well as my Bebay! We celebrated my Popi's 60th birthday with dinner on Friday night, and then the festivities turned to ME on Saturday.

Mommy & Daddy had everyone working so hard to get the house in tip top shape before our guests arrived. The boys were moving furniture & cleaning up the outside stuff, while the ladies were busy making goodies 'n' munchies. It was so wonderful to have everyone here buzzing around!! Aunt E came early to help, too (what a trooper she always is).

Mommy made my cake for me & although it was the 1st one I ever had (I have nothing to compare it to).... the pictures will show you that I thought it was pretty tasty. She was a little nervous about how it would turn out... but I should have told her that it didn't matter one bit what that sucker looked like.... I'll devour anything coated in icing!

My daddy was in charge of helping me open my gifts... and boy what a job that was. Geez... how much work do you expect a one year old to do, huh? I was pooped after the 1st couple of boxes, but dad kept my attention & I hung in pretty well. With a little bit of unwrapping help from my buddies Mia & Caroline... we finally got them all open. I got all kinds of clothes, toys, & books. It felt like Christmas all over again.

If I do say so myself, my party was quite a success! If you're wondering my definition of a success: lots of my friends came (big & small), I got tons 'o' fun gifts, I got yummo food, & nobody ate my little cake before I dove into it :o)

Gosh... I am one LUCKY girl! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of my fabulous friends who came to share in my birthday celebration.... it would not have been the same without you. I only wish ALL of you back in Texas could have shared in the fun, too.
*** I also promise to add a good video of me eating my cake soon..... stay tuned!!!

*see the entire lot of pictures here....
G's birthday bash photos









All day today - mom & dad kept talking about where they were one year ago today - contractions, cars, hospital, phone calls, family, blah, blah, blah..... I think everyone can agree that the best part of that day happened at 5.05am, when I finally joined this world in the flesh - hahaha! So, to commemorate... here are just a few pictures from one year ago today & a few from TODAY (at exactly ONE year old), so that you can compare. NO TEARS please :o)

whoa...big mommy & patiently waiting daddy

me on the 1st day of my life.....

me on the 2nd day of my life....



me today.... I haven't aged at all, eh???

.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always wonderful seeing you guys...so glad that I was able to go to Grier's birthday party! Hope to see you soon! Many Blessings,
Megan

Anonymous said...

Grier...
I am totally with your mommy and daddy; I vividly remember 1 year ago when you came into this world. What an incredible day! I know your mommy sure was glad to get you out of there, ha! You are still as beautiful and precious as you were this time last year. I feel honored to have been a part of your first year on earth. I love you so much baby girl!!

Oh, and thank you so much for including me in your birthday festivities. It was so much fun!!

Love,
Aunt E

Jordan said...

Happy Birthday Cute Girl. Brittney I have questions on how to upload videos. I tried/am trying now to get one on and it's been downloading for over 30 minutes. It's now processing, but I'm afraid it will take forever for viewers to open as well. How do you do it? You can e-mail me if that's easier. jkmaedgen@gmail.com Thanks.