Friday, January 9

monkey see, monkey do

As you've probably noticed, I have a lot of monkey-like tendencies... when I was tiny, I liked to eat & pick at my toes (I still do occasionally - when I'm bored in my car seat), I crawl like a monkey (on one foot & one knee), I can pull my feet up to head level anytime I like, & I looooove bananas!

The trick I learned today is no exception to this rule... CLIMBING! I have finally figured out how to get onto our couch upstairs. I lift my foot up to the ottoman, use my arms as leverage, and hoist myself right on up. Yes - I believe I can hear the crowd moaning now... "oh deeeear". But have no fear... I also figured out how to get off of the couch, too.... backwards & feet first. Mom & dad are thankful that I can get off of the couch by myself, but still cringe at the thought of me bouncing back and forth off of the couch cushions. he he he! I've posted video of my new trick for you to see. Listen carefully & you'll be able to hear my sound effects, showing the amount of struggle it takes for a little tike like me to climb onto such a big couch. It's all necessary grunting... no drama added.

I've also added a video of me climbing onto my new horse... a birthday present from Gingi & Popi. Just watch how gracefully I've learned to kick my leg over that baby & ride off into the sunset. Well - ok, so honestly - I can barely wrestle my leg over his back, but boy is it fun once I'm settled. Now - if I can only figure out how my actions are connected to what happens on the television screen... oh well... in time.

The pictures posted here are from today, as well. It was so beautiful outside, so we decided to take advantage of the rare 60 degree January weather & play outside for a little while. This is the first time I've really been able to roam around freely outside since I could walk, as it's been so cold lately & we've been cooped up inside. I had a blast playing in the dead grass & walking back and forth across our yard. Believe it or not - the parentals got out the camera. Surprise, surprise.






2 comments:

Erica M. said...

SO SWEET!!!
You are growing up so fast!

I love you!!
Love,
Aunt E

Chelsea said...

Those videos are too cute! :) Looks like you're already getting the flexibility of a little gymnast! :) I'm sure your mom's proud!