Thursday, September 9

...surely she won't catch up?

Ummmm... I am getting a little bit nervous about my baby sister growing up so fast. It seems like almost daily people are asking mom about how old she is... & it seems like she is continually getting older.... first it was 3 months, then it was 4 months, 5 months, ... now 6 MONTHS OLD!!?? Surely she won't catch up with me??... right!?

Today is Ardynn's half birthday & she gets cuter by the minute. She takes 2 naps each day (I only take one nap, but that is cuz I am a "big dirl" - most definitely NOT a baby, like Ardynn). At night, she is sleeping just like her sleep-champ big sis (yours truly)... usually from about 8.30pm to 8.00am. She loves to bounce in her bouncy contraption, to roll around on the floor, and even to sit up all by herself (as long as there are a few pillows around - just in case). She is weighing in around 11 pounds (we'll have a more accurate number after her dr. appt next Friday). She has tried just about all of the stage one baby foods & cannot get enough of any of them. She is still nursing, but mom has started to give her one or two formula bottles a day, too. I need not remind you (because I mention it in just about every post), but she still smiles at anything that walks, talks, or makes noise.

All around - I'd say that she most definitely wins the award for Little Sis of the Year (ok - maybe Little Sis of the 1/2 Year, just since she has not been around for the whole thing yet - never know what feelings the holiday season might bring!?). I love her with all of my heart, and am quite protective of our little "bean". What in the world did we ever do without her?? Hugs, Kisses, & Happy Half Birthday, "Ardo" (my funny nickname for her sometimes).... but you better not go & catch up with me, Ardo... REMEMBER - - - I'M THE BIG SISTER!

these pics are from today at Sams... mom tried to let Ardynn ride in the front of the cart for the first time.
... it worked out pretty well... I didn't even push her out one time!! ;o)

photos from last night... aren't I mighty strong!
I love to pick her up & move her around - - giving my mom a heart attack each time ;o)
... still not sure why she does not leave me with her unsupervised?? he he!

No comments: